Captain’s Log : Passengers literally cause stink on a Delta flight
Dahlings, a Big Ewwwwwwwwww. Why did I read this before going to bed?
I refer to a story from our favorite love to hate rag, the Daily Mail.
Airline passengers kick up a stink on Delta flight from Beijing to Detroit after Chinese family let toddler poop on his seat
- Incident occurred on Delta Airlines flight when family laid newspaper on seat
- Passengers watched in horror as he crouched down and passed motion
- Parents refused to take him to toilet despite pleas from passengers and crew
- Incident sparked complaints from travelers after smell wafted through plane
- Social media users in China slam family for ’embarrassing’ their homeland
Do a cursory search on Interweb and you see this as a common complaint about China: Parents allowing kids to deficate in public. This one from 2013, is from South China Morning Post observed in Taiwan airport where the picture shows a tot doing his business on newspaper. At least this article attempted to explain it due to a shortage of public toilets in china and where the do exist, they are usually Gross. Just like airplane restrooms mid-way into a busy flight.
Of course there could be another more subtler explanation here: newspapers. Maybe the papers being crapped on are simply local versions of the Daily Mail?
Ciao for now, Cleo